MAXSEAL® FLEX is a two-component product. Component A is a water-based special acrylic resin and component B, is a mortar based on a mixture of special cements, additives and well-graded aggregates.
Once applied and cured, MAXSEAL® FLEX provides a non-toxic, flexible and waterproof coating with very high adhesion on those common substrates in construction such as concrete, natural and artificial stone, traditional mortar plasters, bricks, concrete blocks, etc.
- Waterproofing and protection of water retaining structures, such as drinking water tanks, reservoirs, water mains and swimming pools.
- Waterproofing of below-grade structures like basements, retaining walls, foundations, tunnels, galleries subjected to both positive or negative high water pressure.
- Internal and external waterproofing and protection of new and old buildings, façades against dampness, rain, pollution and aggressive environments.
- Waterproofing and protection of concrete against carbonation, freeze-thaw cycles, deicing salts in highways and chlorine penetration in public works, irrigation channels, dams, MAXSEAL FLEX ® © DRIZORO S.A.U. MAXSEAL ® FLEX retaining walls and water treatment plants, bridges, etc.
- Tile fixing and waterproofing under tile and pavement in terraces, balconies, bathrooms, kitchens and other wet rooms in hotels, hospitals, offices and residential buildings, in indoor or outdoor use.
- Waterproofing of window boxes, gardens and other surfaces subject to root penetration.
- Provides a fully-flexible coating which ensures complete waterproofing even in the most severe conditions, as high negative water pressure.
- Covers shrinkage and hairline cracks of the concrete.
- Acts as an anti-fracture membrane between the substrate and other finishing coats if applied.
- Excellent protection for concrete, being both a CO2 an chlorine (Cl-) barrier and thereby preventing carbonation and electrochemical corrosion.
- Permeable to water vapour, allows the substrate to breathe.
- Resistant to abrasion and UV rays.
- Withstands atmospheric pollution, corrosive effects of salt water and de-icing salts and freeze/thaw cycles.
- Resists hydrostatic negative pressure from ground water when used for underground interior applications.
- Excellent adhesion and easy to use. Does not require bonding agents and can be applied on wet surfaces.
- Non-toxic and chloride-free. Suitable for contact with potable water.
- Longer lasting that other coatings, avoiding maintenance costs.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Withstands the root penetration, when properly reinforced with fibre glass mesh.
MAXSEAL® FLEX is applied in two coats of 1 – 1,5 kg/m2 approximately per coat, achieving a total consumption of 2 – 3 kg/m2 . These figures may vary depending on porosity and substrate conditions, a preliminary test on-site will determine consumption exactly.
MAXSEAL FLEX PRODUCT SHEET